Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I don't want to get my hopes up quite yet...

...but I may have the second coolest Arabic teacher ever this month (besides Bassam of course).

First contact was made today. I have finally spoken with someone in real time since I called my family on my first day in Tunis. It was brief but nice. With so many people heading home from Tunis to the States, I'm beginning to get a little homesick.

The jury is still out on the new apartment.

I cannot believe how many international crises I have completely missed since I've been here. I didn't have a television or a radio or anything last month, and when I got my International Crisis Group newsletter for July 2005, I was totally astounded. July was a crazy month for the Middle East and Africa, and here I am closer than most of you and completely oblivious. Go figure...

3 Comments:

Blogger mary b said...

You've touched upon one of the most important benefits of summer...living for a while detached from the endless news of crisis. Here you are, so close to a "trobled part of the world" and yet, you're experiencing less trauma from it than if you were home in a room with a TV tuned to CNN. Speaking of tuned in, you seem to have much more online access this month. Thanks for all the posts and photos...Enjoy your last weeks as you may not pass here again.

5:57 PM  
Blogger AlexanderT said...

Cari, did you leave any cd holders/notebooks at the crib I could borrow? my collection overflows my current holder. hope tunisia is still rocking, holler at me
-Al

1:47 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

Al, all my stuff is packed up, and the CD cases left in my room are currently in use. Sorry dude.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home